View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #87
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Listening to Sarich on the fan, and he said something interesting. He said that maybe Tkachuk is tired of being the only one that is giving his all, that there are some players that pick and choose when they want to give a damn. I think this an interesting point, and something that I have been feeling myself.

It’s not like Tkachuk has had this zero-effort level the whole entire season thus far. It just started post Muzzin fiasco. Maybe Tkachuk is upset that he was the only one that was giving his all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
This has been my impression for a bit. If what Friedman insinuated was correct, imagine being one of the only ones to mix it up on a team of just too many disengaged players. Then having the Muzzin incident, no one comes in with you and then afterwards they chide you? Ok, he has to pull it back a bit, but pick your spots and have something to stand on, that's not the spot and too many of them don't.

I'm clearly not a pro hockey player, but as a human I'd be pretty strongly in "#### these guys" territory.
These are my thoughts as well. But it is all speculation.

Here is what I do know: there is a problem. There appears to be a disconnect between some of the players. Whose fault is that? No idea.

But here's the thing for me: while it isn't Ward's fault that there is a problem, it is happening under Ward's watch. And ultimately, the team is his responsibility. But he has done nothing to help it. Bench Tkachuk. Or bench someone else. Or hash it out. Or take everyone out to get drunk and laugh it off. But FCS, DO SOMETHING!
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote