View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #274
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
Just finished Black Summer... Really enjoyed it..

not to shill for the show, but fun fact: my brother in law told me is that the series was shot in and around calgary..tho the tepee and the side of the Dome should have made it obvious...

which is weird, cause i didn't even realize it at first as i was so focused on the action sequences... rewatched the last episode specifically for it and yup... Even a Flames symbol was caught on film as they filmed part of the finale on the Plus 15 from the west exit from the dome...

queen Elizabeth school has an episode entirely filmed there... some locations in Bieseker, Irricana and Cochrane as well...

kinda fun fact.

https://www.atlasofwonders.com/2019/...locations.html
What's funny, is that I didn't even realize at the beginning it was filmed in Calgary, let alone Canada. I thought it was was Hollywood all the way. I remember watching the very first episode, and seeing all the 'Max 30' signs in the neighborhood, and thinking 'odd... I didn't think that was the speed limit in residential areas in the USA'.

Then when the old lady with the van scene where she's looking for the stadium, she's stopped in front of the tracks and a grain elevator. I've been past that one many times when I was in the field, so I thought it looked super familiar.

Then the Queen Elizabeth part came, and I realized it was done in Calgary and area, and started googling. haha. I went to QE for Junior High, and for many of the scenes, I kept asking myself why it looked so familiar.

So cool to see Calgary and Area showcased.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote