First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
So I've been researching things and it seems like there are three good options:
1) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
2) Nikon Coolpix P900
3) Canon Power Shot SX60HS

The Panasonic has great reviews, but the least zoom. It's also the most expensive.

An acquaintance has a Canon Power Shot 50 that she is not willing to loan me for the trip, but is willing to let me try out to see if I like it.
Have you considered the smaller versions from these companies? Those cameras are all quite large and if you're not used to carrying a camera everywhere they're a lot of camera to carry.

I have a Panasonic ZS-50 and it's great for a travel camera. Before that I had a ZS-20 which I equally love until I dropped it with the lens extended. The ZS-50 is also a 30x zoom camera with great video options. You won't get as fast as a lens as you do in some of the bigger cameras but depending on your shots this is often over stated by the pros. If water is involved there is so much light around that you don't need to worry about a slow shutter with a pocket point and shoot. They also usually have full manual control if you want to play around with that.

As a bonus they're usually relatively affordable and you'll be miles ahead of your phone camera (but miles behind an SLR or mirror less).
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote