View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #105
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
It's called a difference of opinions..some believe in trickle down economics and some don't. Some buy in to the fear that O&G companies will pack up and leave, others will believe that they will stay where the Oil is.
Just different trains of thought. Learn to accept that.

You are not very good at explaining your position. Rude and ignorant really...so yes, we are done here.
The several week delay in the royalty review isn't the problem.
The problem is that when commodity prices are coming down daily, and no one knows if/when we'll see a recovery, starting a royalty review is a terrible idea.

Right now there are enough variables that make investing in Oil and Gas risky in any jurisdiction. To add another level of uncertainly, and then to delay it not once, but twice, is adding unnecessary risk at a time when you should be offering stability in an effort to slow the bleeding.

I can tell you first hand that companies are in fact delaying decision on capital in Alberta, which means they are spending it elsewhere in the meantime. That's capital/jobs that would have been mighty useful the over the last year.

It's not a difference of opinion, it's a fact that what the NDP has done has hindered capital allocation in the province. The extent of it is pretty difficult to quantify exactly, but the fact is that NDP policy has directly contributed to worsening an already difficult situation.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post: