Thread: e-cigs
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #32
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I agree with you and I agree with them. At the moment my step-son is trying to kick cigarettes and is weaning himself off of nicotine with gradually lower doses of vapour.

I'm not sold on the vapour because of many of your reasons, like a lot of things, they're new and have no track history, we dont have any information on long-term effects.

Use the vape to kick it and then ditch that too. Sure, thats not what the vape shops want to hear, but thems the breaks.

Oh, and its spelled 'vapour' this is Canada and I pay my taxes!
That's what I'm saying. Use it to kick the habit but don't just develop a vaping habit....at least not until one actually knows it's safe and regulations are put in on manufacturers. Well we already know that vaping nicotine isn't going to be safe. Health issues due to nicotine alone are well known.

A bunch of this stuff comes from China and the quality control when it comes to chemical formulations is horrendous (first hand experience). They can't even keep toxins out of things that by law they have to. They don't have the quality systems in place to consistently produce a quality product (unless a reputable western company is in full control at the facility).

Vapour.....I've been in the states too long that I auto-drop the "u" in everything I write.

Last edited by ernie; 08-05-2014 at 07:30 AM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote