View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #593
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Not much chat in this thread so far this season.

I'm enjoying this season so far, but not nearly as much as season one. Season one just grabbed me right away and was amazing. This year, while I'm still interested, it feels like the mystery is kind of gone or something. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
That's how I feel as well. The big 'point', I guess, of the series has already been accomplished: host sentience. As were most of the major themes, IMO. Delores/Wyatt's war is just far less interesting to me. And her vagueness about her mission and the outside world is just frustrating and off-putting. I'm starting to just really dislike that character. Teddy could be an interesting character going forward, though.

I'm guessing the information that Hale and Co. are trying to extract from the park has to do with blackmailing guests. Kinda feel they already telegraphed that pretty heavily with the William flashbacks. On that topic, even the switches between timelines seem jarring.

I'm also weary of them expanding the world so much in the second season. Eastworld and Shogunworld seems like slight overkill, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to see how it plays out.

So far, I don't like the direction it is heading.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Last edited by Yamer; 05-07-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote