View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #396
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
You’re not wrong, except where Ellen might be interviewing ‘celebrities’, Rogan hosted the likes of Brian Cox, Neil deGrasse, Anthony Bourdain, Rhonda Patrick, Nick Yarris, Sean Carroll etc etc
These are people who are exceptionally intelligent, or exceptionally experienced. I can’t imagine how someone could downplay these discussions as meaningless pothead banter because they heard someone call Rogan a meathead or something.
I've listened to exactly 1 Joe Rogan podcast, and it was in March of last year talking to an epidemiologist about the oncoming Covid-19 crisis. Basically "we're all f-ed". It was very informative, and put me ahead of most of my co-workers in terms of prep for lockdown. This was before the NBA shuttered, which was the tipping point for most of the US public.

My takeaway is that Joe is something of a meathead, but that he's willing to both invite and have open discussions with interesting guests.

I view Bill Maher (who correctly predicted Trump's coup several years ago) and Jon Oliver much the same way.

"Edutainment"

Edit - here it is with Michael Osterholm

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax

Last edited by Flashpoint; 01-13-2021 at 10:23 AM.
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote