View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 07:14 AM   #387
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Rogan is the ignorant man’s version of intelligence.

At the very least he tries to improve his understanding over time & admit when he’s wrong when he’s wrong. Last summer on one random podcast he said something to the effect of...
For all the people who have issues with the things I’ve said, I also have issues with the things I’ve said.
He’s at least willing to acknowledge his mistakes or when he was incorrect in the past so he can learn, grow, & improve. There are plenty people who are way worse than him out there. His interview with Cornel West in 2019 was really good.
That's positive, but wouldn't it be even better if he put in more effort to understand the issues more before communicating with his audience of millions? It's better to get it right in the first place. Also, he often provides a huge platform to bad faith actors and conspiracy theorists. How many times has he had Alex Jones on his show? He's interviewed Gavin McInnis (founder of the Proud Boys), Steven Crowder and others who espouse dangerous and irresponsible rhetoric similar to that which influenced the DC riots. I've heard him call both of McInnis and Crowder 'comedians' and laugh off their extreme and often violent positions. It's irresponsible for someone with such a large voice.