View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #24
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
People using CP for profit goes against the spirit of the site imo. Look at the advertising for example. CP could realistically use obnoxious ads at their free will and still have a similar readership, and they would make way more money. But they don't and I appreciate that. Its one of the many things that makes this place so enjoyable to read.
I'd say the spirit of the site is hockey (flames) discussion which is in a different forum from sales. I don't think allowing above face value sales impacts the main purpose of this site. I actually think it's a good thing because it means more hardcore flames fans who visit the site have more opportunity to attend games. It's pretty disheartening going to a big game and half the arena is cheering for the other team (exaggerating a little).

Yes, other teams fans could technically visit the site to find cheaper tickets than what would be on stubhub/ticketmaster but lets be honest most people won't even think of doing that.

FYI - I say cheaper because GST is new to resale/purchase of resale tickets and fees have always been high on both of those sites.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote