Thread: S.h.i.e.l.d.
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #660
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Remember the first few season 1 episodes? They were downright awful plus I thought the cast was terrible. How wrong I was this is easily one of the best shows on TV.

My thoughts on that

Season 1 started really slow - They had a tough time with establishing characters, and I thought Grant Ward is so boring. That season turned on a dime with the phrase "Out of the darkness and into the light Hail Hydra". The betrayal was so well done, and the execution of Victoria Hand was jarring. Suddenly the characters popped into their roles. Bill Paxton was awesome. The last half of that season was great

Season 2 - The inhuman war was decent, but it felt a little sluggish compared to the second half of season one. But it was still good, the main theme was around Skye changing to Daisy. The villains were ok, but not as devious. But still good.

Season 3 - the Hive season. I liked this season because it it bought back Grant Ward, and then made him a god. The ending of Hive was actually really well done and sad. I thought it was pretty strong, as well. And it closed off the Hydra threat

Season 4 - The frame work, Aida, evil Fitz. This season was outright awesome, and probably the best season of the series. a whole ton of heartbreak in it as well.

Season 5 - I did like this season and it was really good, but season 4 over shadowed it, plus we got the weirdness of Shield in space which I think was done due to a cut in the effects budget which allowed them to use confined spaces and sets. I still felt bad for Talbot who became a villain because he thought he could fix things.

Season 6 - The juries out, but so far I've really thought it was strong and the character interaction has been great. Plus Coulson/Sarge is awesome.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote