View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #519
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I know some people are no longer keen on Bennett, but even if that is how you feel, trading him to the Oilers is the absolute last thing you can do with him. He is SURE to be a 70 point guy on McDavid's wing, and I can't imagine how gut-wrenching it would be to watch that unfold. Then imagine what Oiler fans would be like.
No. he isn't. Sam Bennett has been given plenty of opportunity to play with very highly skilled players here in Calgary, and he's done jack. He's not going to to increase his production by 200% because he's playing with McDavid. If anything, McDavid sees a dip in his production from dragging Bennett around the ice. Saw what you want about some of the shlubs that have played with McDavid, those shlubs have at least shown a capacity to finish easy scoring chances. Sam Bennett plays hard but has shown an ability to make the easy scoring opportunity seem hard. I would not be concerned about Sam Bennett breaking out if he's traded. The last breakout Sam Bennett experienced was shortly after reaching puberty. If we can improve an important position by trading Sam Bennett, we make that deal every day.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote