View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #56
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTech780 View Post
I am a bit surprised by the amount of live that Kylington is getting, don't get me wrong I like the player, but I don't see the same upside that some seeing, going as far to say that he has top pairing upside, I just don't see it. He did fairly well this past year, but he was really sheltered. For me he is an elite skater, and has good puck skills, but is ability to think the game and make good reads is lacking, he is improving, but he still has a long way to go to. I see a lot of skating with the puck and then not knowing what to do with it resulting in a turnover. I see his upside as a bottom pairing guy, who you can use on the PP, but his all around game isn't there to allow him to be used in a top 4 role.
Defensemen take a lot of time to develop. A 21 year old defenseman is just a baby.

Last year's Norris winner didn't even play top 4 until he was 26.

Those reads take a lot of time to develop.

Noah Hanifin makes terrible reads too, by the way, and relies on his physical tools arguably even more than Kylington does.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote