View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #33
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I don't understand baseball fans as I could never get into the game so I have a bunch of general questions. Are there really enough fans in Montreal to support a team or would it just be one year of nostalgia followed by apathy and empty seats? Is baseball is growing sport and do the kids like it (the future fan base) especially in Montreal? Teams play something like 90 home games in the regular season. Who has time for that many games as a season ticket holder especially when they play back to back games or mid week afternoon? There doesn't seem to be enough action or intensity during a baseball game to build any level of excitement in the stands. Why see a game in person vs watching on TV?

Again, I don't like baseball or understand the attraction to the game so please educate me.
I've always had a soft spot for baseball. I enjoyed playing hardball as a kid and over variations like slow pitch. It is probably one of the major league sports that may die out faster than others as it seems kids don't want to play it anymore and young people don't like watching it on TV or in person. I can't get my kids to sign up for it because none of their friends play and of all sports it seems to be one that younger kids just don't gravitate to anymore. You can search the internet as there's plenty of theories on why it's dying. I feel sports in general as we know will start to decline over the years as we become less active as technology becomes more and more prominent and sports are less a part of our lives. I don't think the movie Wall-E is very far off of what the future could look like one day.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote