View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 PM   #604
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Munroe View Post
How come we don't see it happen more often? A team like the blackhawks, although not completely done, are fooling themselves into trying to be just good enough for a couple of years before becoming awful. Why not sink the ship today by trading value for youth and picks?

The Canucks holding onto the Sedin twins who my understanding were open to being traded as long as it was a package deal.

The Kings holding onto Kopitar and Brown

Buffalo possibly holding onto Skinner to lose him for nothing.

The Canes holding onto Ferland if no extension is in place.

The Flames holding onto Iginla 1 year too long

What I am saying is I would never leave my team up to chance and hope someone is going to resign who holds significant value or hold onto a player that is worth a 1st rounder today and a 2nd rounder next year while rebuilding.

The attempt of a joke must have went over my head.... yes, there are plenty of situations where letting go of a property at the right time makes sense.
Its loyalty to the players that stuck by the team and put their best years into these organizations. It can be hard to uproot their lives after they have been loyal to you if they aren't interested in leaving. Its not always just business there is a human factor. Look at the Raptors trading DeRozan, they are a better team for it but to him they stabbed him in the back and a lot of the players didn't like it and took notice.

Last edited by Psytic; 01-14-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: In the Hawks, Kings and Canucks cases
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote