View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #103
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

Russia's new Surmat rocket launch. This is the oddest launch I've ever seen. It's like the rocket gets popped out, says "hold on a sec, I gotta ditch this garbage on my ass. Ok, good to go!"
I'm not sure if this is really a new missile, seems to be very similar in performance to the one it's supposed to replace (SS-18). The little boost thing is used on this one too. It's just to get it out of the silo before main engine ignition because the vibration would be too powerful inside. The US solved this problem and their main engines ignite right inside the silo. Here's the SS-18:

They just put test camo on an SS-18 and launched it.
"Look, our new awesome most powerful and fastest ICBM in the world is in the pre-deployment testing phase. Here's video proof of what we're spending billions on"

What else have we seen from Russia regarding their nuclear weapon upgrades? An Iksander tactical ballistic missile jerry rigged to a mig-31 and fired.
"Look, here's a mach 10 hypersonic weapon with crazy range, it cannot be shot down and the test went perfectly"

The nuclear powered cruise missile? A hypersonic maneuverable boost glide vehicle?
"Look, the best computer animators in my kids elementary computer club made this video. The tests will go perfectly very soon"
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote