View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 10:08 PM   #105
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
Tides of History has a series on rise of the modern world is probably the time frame you are looking at, lots of focus on continental Europe ~1150 - 1450 ish. They have an earlier series on the collapse of Rome, and are working pre-history archeology right now. I think French history or Holy Roman history can be confusing frames, because prior to 1450 there is some much overlap and bleeding into each other that the histories of continental European nation states don't stand alone.

Not 100% fitting your request:

I would really recommend The British History podcast, if that is your interest, it is a fine grained comb but I enjoy it, after 363 episodes he's just getting into the Normand years.

History of the Crusades does dip it's toe into the some good stuff about France, but her voice isn't the best to listen to, she is the one who got me starting to listen to podcasts at higher speeds.

The History of English is almost finished the integration of Normand French into the English language, so the past year has looked at French history a little bit.
LOL. Except for the last one I've listened to all of those. Albeit I dropped The British History Podcast a ways back. Maybe I'll give it a look again.

I disagree about Sharyn's voice. I think it's fine... but I love Australian accents. Don't know if you know but she's got a new podcast out called Reconquista about... well about the Reconquista.

Hat tip to indes… I checked out Heist Podcast and I absolutely love it.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
#-3