View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #104
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Maybe an odd request but I really like history podcasts ala The History of Rome/Revolutions and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good podcasts about the history of France or the Holy Roman Empire/Habsburg Dynasty?
Tides of History has a series on rise of the modern world is probably the time frame you are looking at, lots of focus on continental Europe ~1150 - 1450 ish. They have an earlier series on the collapse of Rome, and are working pre-history archeology right now. I think French history or Holy Roman history can be confusing frames, because prior to 1450 there is some much overlap and bleeding into each other that the histories of continental European nation states don't stand alone.

Not 100% fitting your request:

I would really recommend The British History podcast, if that is your interest, it is a fine grained comb but I enjoy it, after 363 episodes he's just getting into the Normand years.

History of the Crusades does dip it's toe into the some good stuff about France, but her voice isn't the best to listen to, she is the one who got me starting to listen to podcasts at higher speeds.

The History of English is almost finished the integration of Normand French into the English language, so the past year has looked at French history a little bit.

Last edited by #-3; 01-27-2021 at 07:16 PM.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote