View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #40
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Sam Bennett Value: Have the Flames held on TOO long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Never understood the " GG is destroying Bennet career" crowd. Ferland, Mony, Backs, Tkachuk, Johnny Hockey seem to be doing fine under GG, so why not Bennett ? It can't all be about who he is playing with.

Ferly, Mony, Backs, Johnny - they all get to play with good forwards. Consistently.

Bennett, prior to Jankowski’s arrival, has played with nothing but riff raff.

Circumstance matters, hugely. If “ It can't all be about who he is playing with” isn’t a massively huge part of it, I’d be shocked. It also makes you wonder why we see other coaches shift lines throughout the year, but Calgary has left their top 6 static all year while the bottom 6 has struggled HUGELY. Why not try and spread the wealth and see if a change in circumstance doesn’t help?

Now that he’s lucky enough to get to play with Jankowski and only one outright awful linemate, Brouwer. Unfortunately for both Jankowski and Bennett, Brouwer has proven to be so toxic on a line that he can render Gaudreau and Monahan useless - so what hope does that leave Sam and Mark? We’ve seen that duo (Sam and Mark) play some vey effective hockey with Jagr and Hathaway on their RW. I hope we get a chance to see them play with someone even better than them soon.

I’m not putting this all on GG, as it is more of a Tree issue than a GG issue. The fact that GG does play Brouwer as much as he does is a pretty big red flag though.

Last edited by ComixZone; 02-07-2018 at 04:20 PM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post: