View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #1270
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
You can say the same thing about anyone being outspoken politically, whether you deem it stupid and crazy or not.
I don't agree with anything she has said but should we allow a voice only to people who agree with us?

This sounds a lot like "shut up and dribble"
There's quite a difference between supporting Black Lives Matter and supporting QAnon. You can have differing political views, and despite conservatives believing that Hollywood is just hardcore leftists and China sycophants there are many noted conservative actors in Hollywood. You don't get cancelled for saying I want lower taxes, or I want smaller government, or I want more free trade, or I am pro-life, or whatever other standard conservative views. If you can find me where she speaks about lowering taxes and eliminating regulations, that's great. But all you can find is anti-vaxx, anti-mask, anti-trans, and anti-reality takes. We need to differentiate conservative views with bat#### views. She was fired for the latter, not the former. The fact the the latter is slowly becoming the mainstream view of the former is a much bigger problem than "cancel culture". But both sides-ing this is dumb. They are not equivalent views. Hell if she just wanted to say "Back the Blue" or whatever then she'd be fine. Being political is fine, just don't say stupid, outlandish, conspiratorial ####. Is that really that hard?