View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 09:56 AM   #187
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Is this just a false dawn for you? You’ve got another 6 weeks until mid-June!
They're all false dawns, I've got lots more deadlines that go essentially into October.

And then you get people who 'dont want to bother me when I'm busy' so they wait until later, all kinds of stuff.

But this is one the affects the most people, has the most constant flow of work and usually the most important and often immutable deadline.

Also I deal with a number of people that significantly depend on their Government benefits and this is how they're calculated, so thats important too.

Thats one of the elements that annoys me most about the CRA strike. If you file with someone like me, you need to pay me, I dont do this for fun or the kicks, but if you're a simple return like a senior or something? There are options for you that are cheaper or free and community associations and such organize and offer them.

And I think thats all well and good for seniors and simple returns.

However, those organizations often arent registered, so they prepare those tax returns and then mail them in for you.

Well unfortunately at the moment, theres nobody checking CRA's mail or processing mailed returns.

Whereas with someone like myself, its all automated. My returns hit the system and the computer automatically receives and processes them and generates the Notice of Assessment.

No humanity required. Other than me.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote