View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 12:50 PM   #26
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
The lease was entered into over a decade ago. Was it a huge mistake? Absolutely. Does that reflect on the current board? Nope.
Their refusal to pro-actively take measures to reduce that expense absolutely reflects on them. And again, that's just one simple example. What else is there behind the scenes of the bureaucracy that suffers from the same issues?

Clearly this was a big enough issue that two previous governments were also concerned enough to look into it.

Could it perhaps be that in fact, the CBE is not as well run as other boards, has systemic problems with fiscal management that stretch back over a decade, and is in dire need of governance improvements?

As a taxpayer, I am all for holding government institutions accountable for how they utilize funds, especially ones that have shown their past stewardship deserves closer scrutiny.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post: