View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Off-season Thread

Folks the off-season upon us.
This year things are clearly different. Normally we align a lot of our timelines to NHL activity, but all that remains in the air, so I’m going to need everyone to be flexible and understanding.
At this point we don’t know when the NHL lottery or draft is going to be. I’m hoping we can get that clarity in the next couple of weeks so we can schedule around that. As a reminder, our draft happens 1 week before the NHL draft.
At some point, if the NHL lottery isn’t scheduled, we will use one of the lottery simulators that are available, to do our own.
I also don’t know, at this stage, when re-rates from our typical source are going to be released, or if they will wait for the season to be canceled.

So there’s some things up in the air.

Also generally I would appreciate patience in the off-season. We are all dealing with the realities of COVID, so if trades aren’t processed daily – just give it time.

A couple of immediate actions/reminders
- If you are unsure if you wish to remain GM of your team please let us know sooner rather than later. It is only fair to the new GM that they have the off-season to prepare their team
- If you have any questions about rules, please ask
- Remember you do NOT need cap space to sign RFAs but you DO need cap space to sign your UFAs. And all UFAs re-signed are 3 years and 1 way. You cannot trade UFA rights. You must re-sign them or not sign them.
- If you release a player please post in the free agency thread. I will process the releases already submitted over the coming days.
- If you trade or acquire a draft pick please post in the draft pick thread
- Trading before re-rates is done at your own risk - ratings will change primarily based on the last season's performance.

Immediate things you should be doing:
- Prepare for the draft (as best you can)
- If you owe conditional picks in the 2020 draft – take care of them sooner rather than later
- Update your trade block
- If you have players on one way contracts down in the AHL, bring them back up to the CPHL, otherwise you won’t be able to submit UFA offers even for your own players
- Trade, trade, trade!

Generally the order will go like this
- Rollover (1 year advancement on ages and contracts)
- Lottery: TBD
- Our draft: TBD
- Re-rates and new RFA/UFA grids
- Deadline to bring players above waiver threshold to the CPHL
- RFA re-signing
- UFA re-signing
- UFA batches

Couple other things
- You may not sign any free agents that are in the system already. The only ones you can re-sign are ones that aren't in the DB at all that you request to be added
- The watchdog is off its leash. You do not need to be roster or cap compliant in the off-season. Per above, you do need cap space to re-sign or sign a UFA

If anything is unclear PLEASE ask questions.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: