View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:11 AM   #27
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. The thing is, people forget how much money City makes from selling fringe players to balance the official books ... they've made over £40m for Harrison, Angelino, Ilic and Nmecha already, and the sell-on clause for Sancho has netted them another £11m. I'm sure there will be more sales, especially once Grealish is signed. So it's not like they just #### on FFP (as if FFP was still relevant lol), they actually sell well.

same for Chelsea and Liverpool, by the way. Chelsea have made around £50m for Tomori, Guehi and Moses, while Liverpool have made almost £30m for Wilson, Awoniyi and Grujic. It's quite impressive actually how much money these clubs make by moving deadwood.
I guess that’s true. Spurs has quite a lot of deadwood and we could raise a significant chunk of money, assuming we could find buyers for everyone. It adds up and then you throw some cash in as a club and you can have quite the war chest.

I just prefer to think that City is a trophy buying machine and Pep is a chequebook manager though. It makes me more at ease with our shortcomings.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: