View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #291
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I am a little surprised at some of the sentiment here with regards to Ken Holland and his track record in Detroit and what he may or may not be able to achieve in Edmonton.

His teams in the last 10 years and some of his signings might not be the greatest and I am sure he would be one of the first to mention that. If we look at this track record from the last cup won in 2008 its as follows.

8 Playoff years with one Finals appearance in which they lost to the Penguins

432 wins and an average of 40+ wins a year if you don't include the lockout shortened season in 12-13.

If he is able to replicate even half of that with the Edmonton Oilers his job will be considered a success in my opinion. All this "lack of success" was what a lot of people consider to be a low point in his career.

I don't think people are realizing just how poor of performance the Oilers have had since 2006, it's almost mathematically impossible if you were to take everything into consideration. Nobody on CP is an active or retired GM or POHO as far as I know and I am sure each and every poster on CP can put together a hockey club and staff that has been a bottom feeder for almost 15 years.

Hell if Holland could achieve half of what he did in Detroit as a Flames GM I would have taken it. The Flames are a hockey club that really hasn't been a factor in anything for 30+ years and I am saying that as a diehard Flames fan who's 34. I've actually seen nothing of importance success wise that I can really remember outside of 04 and that's getting tiring to be honest.

Someone on CP mentioned after the Colorado series that the record of Edmonton over the long term has allowed Flames fans to have their noses in the air and I agree. Let's start to worry about the premier clubs in the NHL and in sports in general and be more like them.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote