View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #385
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleflamer View Post
^^
He spends his summers with his grandparents in your neck of the woods. He still doesn't have his US citizenship after all these years which make it less cut and dry as you'd suppose.

Depth at all positions is obviously a key part of getting through competitions like the Hex. And I don't see target strikers exactly growing on trees up there.
Yes I would have liked to see us add him too but I guess I just don't have the same sense of betrayal as when a guy who has barely been to another country plays for them.. because they are pretending they are from the same place as their hypernationalist Dad or based on opportunism because the other country's team is better. That kind of crap is a major character stain. Too many of those taints in Canadian soccer history.

Tesho lived in the States from the time he was 8 until now, including college. While I don't debate that he has ties to Canada too, it's not hard for me to imagine that he is a proud American. Would have preferred him to play for us obviously but no hard feelings...

Edit... here is an update... looks like the States didn't call him and he is still considering where to play, we've heard that song before but it could be worse:
http://soccerblog.dallasnews.com/201...nal-team.html/

Last edited by Matty81; 11-10-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote