View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #705
RinkRat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Can we expect a large drop in price on the 10XX series with their release? I'm hoping that the new model paired with potential overstock after the crypto craze sees a substantial drop.

Do people still SLI?
Over the many years I've been upgrading between cards I've never seen retailers willing to take a hit on GPU prices much below original MSRP. A good number of retailers such as Memory express purchased a fair number of cards at higher cost and weren't able to move them before Crypto plunged again.

So any discount applied right now and for awhile after is more or less just down to the old MSRP, you may find people like myself who purchase a new gpu each generation looking to sell on Kijiji or Ebay, but there will also be a flood of minding cards, honestly the only issue with the abuse mining cards takes tends to be fans which can be replaced somewhat easily.

As for SLI, it's in a weird place right now. I personally go for the highest end single card solution but the older a game is the more likely it is to gain proper SLI support. Newer titles on the other hand it's a waste of money.

Quick SLI bench with dual 1080ti's https://babeltechreviews.com/gtx-108...ce-25-games/3/
RinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote