View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 11:22 AM   #1675
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...ces-now-admits

Jesus ####ing Christ, what a bunch of #######s. A complete failure of leadership.

Quote:
Canada’s top soldier, Gen. Wayne Eyre, admits an officer who had his military career cut short for trying to crack down on sexual misconduct wasn’t treated fairly and shouldn’t have been removed from command.

“I acknowledge the personal toll events towards the end of his career at RMC have likely had on LCol (Ret’d) Popov and thank him for his contributions to the Canadian Armed Forces through his many years of service,” Eyre said in a statement to this newspaper. “I acknowledge that he was not afforded procedural fairness in all circumstances.”

Popov’s troubles began in the summer of 2015 when he tried to discipline officer cadets at the college after a number of them threatened to rape a group of girls and then told officers trying to intervene to “f— off.”

Some of the cadets complained about Popov to their fathers, who were senior officers at National Defence headquarters in Ottawa, and the lieutenant colonel found his once-promising career quickly derailed.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote