View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #10
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Troll 2 is considered a cult classic, there are touring viewing parties for what is considered the worst movie of all time.

Its legendary in its terribleness and because of that its created a cult following.
Oh I'm well aware of it's cult status, but it's the misuse of the word "Beloved" that I take issue with.

Troll 2 is a pile of crap, but entertaining. Evil Dead 2/Toxic Avenger are actually lovable movies for their kitch, both movies being very self-aware and toungue in cheek. Troll 2 is just awful and incompetent.

"OH NO! THEY'RE EATING HER, AND NOW THEY'RE GOING TO EAT ME. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Edit: To quote myself from a different forum where someone brought up Tremors in a "terrible movie" discussion (tangentially related):I got the impression that the thread was for technically (whether via script, poor acting, bad direction, horrible effects or any combination of) terrible films that are still enjoyable, not purposefully kitchy films with Michael Gross chewing the #### out of all the scenery. A b-movie isn't automatically a terrible movie, and vice versa. Like, I wouldn't put Bad Taste, Body Melt or Terrorvision on here, because those movies are intentionally the way they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 05-15-2013 at 11:51 AM.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote