View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 03:56 PM   #13753
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
4th liner 5 on 5?

Among C's in the last 2 1/2 years (Since 1/1/19), he is 40th in the NHL at ES. (5 fewer pts than Eichel although in more games) Far more points at ES than on the PP.

Not where you want him to be for sure, but far from the hyperbole of being a 4th liner. He has struggled ALONG with JG without question.

I get that people are disappointed in Monahan, but the over the top degradation of what he is on this board is preposterous, and getting worse by the day.
The 4th liner was mostly based on this season. Not on the whole 2.5 years. I was thinking more in terms of advanced stats, like GAR.

I'm glad that you agree with everything else I said though, because you didn't bother replying to any of it. That said, love the outrage!

EDIT: I agree that my initial post wasn't too clear. The 2.5 years were more to emphasize that his decline is not something that just happened this season. Also, when you look at stats like G/60 and P/60 5 on 5 Monahan was not doing great. I don't remember the exact numbers off the top off my head though.

EDIT 2: Found some stats I was looking for - On ice goals for/60 even strength this season is the same for Monahan and Nordstrom at 2.1. Monahan is 21st on the team in that stat. Monahan was also 22nd in CF% rel, FF%. 25th in CF% and so on.
Have a look here if you'd like https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/CGY/index.html

Last edited by gvitaly; 06-17-2021 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Wanted to clarify a couple of things