View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #2338
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
By 30-06 I just mean basic hunting rifle. I know that's wrong, just the way my dad referred to them so it's automatic for me.
Wouldn't matter if it's grandpappies single shot Cooey or Rambo's M60. Defacing serial numbers makes it an illegal firearm, those are the ones L.E. needs to be targeting.

Quote:
And we're on the same page it seems. You said "these are the types of firearms and people thye should be targetting". My question is, what does it matter what type of firearm?
Huh? Your question was "So it would be better if they found a 30-06 up there?" My answer was it doesn't matter what the firearm is or what it's chambered in. Where are you going with this?

Quote:
There are guns stashed in the ceiling of a school, whether it's illegal automatic pistols, the hunting rifle from his dad's garage, or a freaking BB gun doesn't really matter. What concerns me is why they are there and who put them there.
Your question was asking me if it would be better if it was a 30-06. It was my question of 'what difference would that make'. So why bring it up? Doesn't matter what it is because...

A: It's been defaced. Illegal firearm. Doesn't matter what it is.
B: He's not a licence holder. Illegal possession of a firearm. Doesn't matter what it is.
C: Casually tossed up in a deadspace. Illegal storage of a firearm. Doesn't matter what it is.

So why ask me if it would be better if it was a 30-06? If your concerned about why they are there and who put them there than why not ask that instead?

'Freaking BB guns' are by definition not firearms. If the projectile they shoot travels under 500fps it doesn't fall under the firearms act so it wouldn't matter if he had stashed a whole pile of BB guns up there. Apples/oranges.