View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 01:06 PM   #60
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

He doesn't need to be walked through the work, just reminders to stay on task, there are other kids that need more attention in his specific class but he doesn't have an issue with the material or work, just the way his brain works he gets distracted easier. I'm using my personal life as another point of view to the post.

My POINT is that teachers need to be able to help ALL kids in the class, some classes and schools don't have the funding or support that others do and that sucks but regardless you cant just place all the kids that aren't top percentile in one class and shove the rest of the kids in another to do whatever learning they can because the top quartile should be "leaders and contributing members of society" like somehow having a learning disability excludes you from achieving this.

I read the tone from Manwiches post as being very elitist in such a way that learning disability kids should be learning somewhere else and not with HIS kid.

Everyone is so quick to point out the teachers but I'd challenge most parents on how much work are they putting in with their kids at home. Any time we ask, the teacher is more than happy to send additional worksheet home for us to work on with our son.
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote