View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 08:50 PM   #212
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Kylington is more at the Lombardi end of the scale now. It’s a better time to be that type of skater now just because the league has eliminated killshot hits to head and there just isn’t very many physical defensemen playing these days. Also better to be a defenseman with that skating style because you are almost always facing the defenders when you get the puck near defenders.
I think you're taking your assessment too far into the other extreme. Kylington's a pretty deceptive and dynamic player with the puck. Moreso than, for instance two of our other best skaters Dillon Dube and Noah Hanifin.

Sometimes when you're fast as heck though you can afford to be a bull in a china shop to keep opponents honest. For all the flack Taylor Hall used to get about toedrags, a lot of his most consistently effective plays were just straight line drives through the left wing himself.

I don't think Kylington has his the peak of his development yet - but Matthew Lombardi? I just.. can't agree with that. Even in the AHL there were deceptive plays Kylington would make that reminded me of Gaudreau.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: