View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 07:54 PM   #209
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I think Kylington's aggressiveness on the rush is absolutely part of what makes him so effective. Look no further than the play against Dallas, where he saw an opportunity and he took it — leading directly to the game-tying goal. He's capable of making Gaudreau-esque zone entries.

That said, no player is ever perfect and we'd be remiss to dismiss the opinion of Jack Han, who's a very smart hockey mind. Kylington could stand to pick his spots sometimes. But it's critical that "sometimes" doesn't become "all the time." And I think Darryl will probably be able to coach him effectively to the point where his decision-making becomes much more refined ... and he keeps scoring.
This is exactly it. It’s great that he’s developing hockey sense acuities to see time and space to exploit.

I also think he more than capable of dynamic zone entries. Right now he’s able to take teams by surprise, but that won’t last long. As he is coming into his own teams will be building a game plan for him and his tendencies.

I also think Ryan Huska and the coaching staff know all this as well and will help him iterate, adapt, and improve.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote