View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #2197
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
I'm pretty impressed with how little at grade parking there is. Whenever I see McMahon I always think what a waste of space all those empty parking lot's are (plus an eye sore).
I think you'd be surprised how little parking is actually there for a 35,000-seat stadium; about 2,400 stalls. There's a lot less parking at McMahon than there is at Stampede Park around the Saddledome (3,000+), even though it accommodates almost twice as many people.

That said, I echo RichieRich's comments: I foresee major parking and ingress/egress issues. Not that intensifying the uses at Foothills/McMahon isn't worth it, and not to say I support building a crapload of parking structures, but it's already an ongoing issue at Stamps games. I appreciate that they put a lot of thought into making the interface between the Banff Trail LRT station and the stadium much, much better: it needs to be.

Quote:
Do we really need a CFL practice field thou? I mean if their going to remove the ballparks to make room for the fieldhouse/aquatics/arena why not put one back in that spot?
The idea is it gives the Stampeders somewhere to practice when the stadium is being used for something else.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote