View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 09:04 AM   #60
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Housing prices is a whole other issue. But the reason housing in Vancouver is more expensive than Calgary, is it's in higher demand and, historically, people have always made more money from it. Personally, I have a basement suite that I can rent out for half my mortgage. I realize renting a basement suite comes with its own issues, but I trade those off for a environment, beaches, nightlife, lack of commuting, etc...Also, I can afford that expensive house in Vancouver, due to being able to rent the basement, but that's not an option for an expensive house in Calgary.

And yes, Calgary is known for awful traffic. It's called urban sprawl, and Calgary will pretty much top everyone's list of worst cities in Canada for urban sprawl. So pretending it's not a thing and that you can get anywhere in Calgary in 20-30 minutes during rush hour is indeed disingenuous. Calgary not only has awful urban sprawl, but the city is set up so that often the only choice is to drive. It's a car city, designed around people driving. IMO, that and maybe the weather are the only reasons not to live in Calgary.
There is no world in which Vancouver traffic is better than Calgary. That's crazy talk.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: