View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 09:10 AM   #2895
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You know, I get the reasoning for it, with the Pandemic and the lack of live audiences, both companies believe that whether its in ring, in the back, in a hollywood setting it doesn't matter. The problem now is that companies are seeing the entertainment factor as more important with the core system of wrestling.

I watched Sasha Banks being interviewed by Stone Cold. Sasha does kind of take Kayfabe to another level. But when they talked about the Woman's tag titles, and her feud with Bayley in NXT and why it worked so well. She summed it up beautifully. Give people something to fight for, and simply build up to that fight.

Once in a while a outlandish silly angle does work. The last undertaker match worked. I originally loved a lot of the Alexa, Fiend against everyone that wronged Bray Wyatt thing. But they just basically rolled out the boogey man now.

Wrestling should always break down to you wronged me, lets fight. Or you have the belt I want lets fight. It shouldn't get more complex then that. In heel turns. I've been carrying you, you lied to me, whatever lets fight.

I remember thinking the other night, I really wanted to see the Kai, Gonazles vs Baszler and Jax tag team battle. But then an up up down down episode came up with Baszler and Kai joking and playing video games together.

In Hollywood in movies, its ok to see Actor A and Actor B interviewing and buddying with each other though they played hated rivals in a movie. But Wrestling is different because part of what made it work, is the suspension of disbelief. You want to when your watching the live event feel like your watching a real human rivalry, but now you're pulled out of that and feel foolish because they're play wrestling.

I like zany characters as well, but they eventually break down. For example, I kind of like Abadon and her Zombie dead girl gimmick. Why? Because she's zealous in protecting her character. You have to dig really hard to find out who she is, you rarely if ever see her without makeup buddying around backstage. She's fully engaged into that character. Its just too bad that after watching her a few times, I realized that she can't work worth a lick.

I think it would be better if WWE for example had very few storylines. Like a couple of upper and a few mid card stories and then the rest of the focus was just solid matches that make sense.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote