View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 09:23 PM   #17
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Councillor wants to kickstart arena deal discussions:

https://www.metronews.ca/news/calgar...th-flames.html

Quote:
Now that the election is through, the Ward 13 councillor wants to get going on the next steps in an arena deal.
"I wanted to put it on the agenda because the Olympic Exploration Bid Committee was a good model," said Colley-Urquhart. "It was separate from a bid, it was an exploratory committee and I really think we need to restart, but we need different people at the table."
She said what she wants to do is get the issue out from behind closed doors and the mayor's office and into the hands of a third-party appointed group made up of people in from the Flames and from city hall.
"I've chatted briefly back and forth with Ken," she said. "But it's up to us to show leadership in my view as elected officials and city administration in finding a way forward."
Metro reached out to King for comment but didn't receive an answer by press time.
Coun. Jeff Davison met with Ken King during his municipal election race and says before thinking about a third-party board council needs to get talks back to a conversation level to look at feasibility.
"We need to understand before we move this forward if there's even a deal to be put on the table," said Davison. "At that point, if there is, then we can potentially look at how we evaluate costs from an objective perspective."
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: