View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 03:21 PM   #238
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
So you believe your original statement that "Until both investigations are completed, it's irresponsible to suggest grounding every 737 MAX in the world" was correct at the time? Like, you don't want to say, I was wrong when I said that?
No, I am not afraid to say I was wrong. Yes, I admit I was wrong to say "it's irresponsible to suggest grounding every 737 MAX in the world".

But what I will stand by is the fact that there was not enough definitive information at the time. Every aircraft accident has its own unique DNA, and until it was definitively known that JT610 and ET302 suffered similar circumstances, there was no hard evidence. As soon as there was, Transport Canada reversed their stance, just as I did.

I'm sure WestJet and Air Canada were preparing for the possibility of a grounding from the get go, but when the plane was flying for 2 years without issues, it's best to do your due diligence, just like it's now prudent to keep the planes grounded until the problem is fixed.

This whole story has frustrated me because of journalists who know nothing about aviation, yet paint the 737 MAX as a death trap, which it is not.

Not all the facts are known yet, but like Ryan Coke said earlier, it appears that MCAS was poorly designed, and needs improvements for sure. My (and his) issue is with all the misinformation floating around out there, and with every single little issue being attributed to MCAS.

I'd even go as far to say that when Boeing eventually fixes the issues and the MAX is re-certified to fly, the media isn't going to be chomping at the bit to declare the MAX as a safe aircraft, even if JT610 and ET302 are found to be even partially due to pilot error.

Last edited by Stealth22; 03-20-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote