View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 02:42 AM   #89
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah, I really don't think they tweaked Tuco's character at all. Tuco wasn't stupid when it came to the meth business, and that was about the only thing he had a clue about. But this was a different situation where he just felt disrespected and didn't know what was going on, and I think just wanted to pummel someone for it. I completely bought the way in which Saul talked him down from it, as Saul helped him realize he wasn't really That pissed at those kids, but still needed to make an example of them..so the only question was how.

I found myself laughing hysterically at the whole thing, when he described the different ways in which he'd take care of them, and they'd squeal in reaction. It was a strangely tense yet humorous sequence.

Thoroughly entertaining episode to say the least. I like the direction it's going in. However, you can't help but feel it's limited in where it can go because of how BB has kind of set its limits already, and ends must meet along the way. It can only be so ambitious as opposed to BB where they could just keep upping the stakes at will. We already know there's no real glory in Saul's ending, and Walt is supposedly Saul's biggest client. But perhaps the Cinnabon isn't the end of the road for him, either.

I expect it to be a really fun show, but never reaching the heights of BB because it simply can't with the story it has to work with. But Vince Gilligan has his ways of making gold out of a mundane story in anyone else's hands.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote