View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 04:14 PM   #1775
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

15 years ago I was attending UofC and living in a run down house in Banff Trail. My roommate had an extensive music collection and the place was always rocking. On Sundays he would put on a selection of more chilled music while we lay on the couch nursing hangovers. There were 3 albums in particular that got a heavy rotation and really stuck with me.

Things at the house didn't end well and we went our separate ways when the lease was up. Over time I began to miss this music and started to seek out the artists myself. I eventually remembered The Shins and Broken Social Scene but the final band was a mystery. I didn't have the faintest clue what the band name was or the name of one of their songs or even some lyrics. I just knew they were kind of an electronic indie rock band that made me happy. I eventually gave up trying. This was just going to be some mystery album from my youth. Maybe I would re connect with the old room mate one day and could ask him or maybe I wouldn't, either way no big deal. 15 years pass...

My wife recently signed up for Apple Music and added me on at the family rate. This was good. There is more music on here than I know what to do with and I have really been enjoying myself. One day I was browsing and came across of playlist of alternative hits from 2003. I took a look. There were some good ones in here including QOTSA, Radiohead, White Stripes, and Rancid. Even Broken Social Scene and The Shins were in there. So of course I gave it a play and the music was great. I was getting all sorts of good vibes reminiscing about this excellent time in music. Then IT happened. The SONG started playing. It took me a few seconds. I was like this sounds good but I'm sure I have heard this before. Where? When? Then it hit me, this is the mystery band! I found them!

Without further delay this is what I am listening to right now:

Spoiler!