View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #42
SaskaBushFire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
Loved Storm of Swords, I just finished reading that a while ago.

Right now I'm reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, on the 3rd Book, "The Dragon Reborn". Always heard the hype surrounding it, but never actually sat down and read it until now. Pretty good so far, but I gotta say it isn't quite as good as A Song of Ice and fire.
WoT is AWESOME, I loved that series so much. Trust me, around book 5 you will be very glad you read that series.

The Black Company by Glen Cooke is a great series as well, there are 10 or 11 books total, fairly short, 200-300 pages each, the later ones get around 400 or so, so the series can be read fairly fast. I liked it because it was very unique, it doesn't hold up to a lot of the more main stream series but if you want a change of pace then TBC is definately a great read.

Caramon did you try any Ebberon books? I read The Dreaming Dark 3 book series, and while it was once again unique I wasn't to impressed. It reminded me a lot of Dragonlance, very second tier writing. I look forward to checking out A song of Ice and Fire, I had a friend mention it to me a while ago but school was hectic at the time and I totally forgot I planned to read it. I've been reading history books waiting for a new series to pop out at me... never thought to ask on CP