View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 01:37 PM   #1638
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Come on man everyone knows you work for MS. You’re the only person here who was a literal bias and you’ve never wavered from it, nothing you say can ever be taken seriously. Miss me with this environmental BS, lol.
I make no secret that I work for Microsoft, although I'm in the M365 Core engineering org. which is a different org from Xbox.

It turns out Surface is one of the worst offenders for exactly what I'm talking about. They made some big strides with Surface Laptop 3 (battery is still glued in, annoyingly), but up to that point the entire Surface line were regarded as worse than MBPs for repairability, which is no small feat. I've fixed countless laptops and even a couple MacBooks (one polycarbonate and one aluminum MBP) by swapping in replacement batteries and selling them on, allowing them to be of value to someone instead of ending up in a landfill. This is a topic that I genuinely regard as important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Instead of throwing away a controller you throw away 100 pairs of batteries over the years, not to mention the packaging of the batteries, the shipping of the batteries to the store, you going to the store to buy them. It’s monumentally worse for the environment to have replaceable batteries
Man, they should really invent rechargeable batteries one day.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote