View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #863
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Awww hell yeah. I sincerely hope that if he is available at 19 and the Flames actually make the pick, his name is called. Its such a no brainer IMO.

Then, if he is gone, I have Gunler, then the RHD Barron. I just have this feeling Quinn and Jarvis are gone before 19. And Askarov. I have him gone at 5. Sounds crazy but its really not that crazy.

Askarov has had a hot start too, no way he makes it down. There are like 6 teams ahead of us who could legit take a gamble on a #1 goalie.

Jiri, I agree, I don't think Lundell has much of a chance to get down to 19, I just think he's got the floor of a great #3 Centre in the league. I see him as the natural Backlund replacement, with potential for even more offense.

Amirov is very intriguing as well- I like him better than Marat (can't spell this guy's last name lol) but I think some teams will think Marat could turn into Kucherov and leap on it.

Disagree with Dammage that Lapierre disappears for stretches- his consistency is actually pretty notable outside of the obvious injuries and the poor stretches upon return from those injuries. He also shows up in big games. I had a lot of doubts earlier but have since watched many videos of him and been convinced that he still has Very high upside compared to similar projected picks (such as Bourque.)
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote