View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 10:44 PM   #184
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
My vizio 5.1 system is this one with the flat subwoofer (https://www.amazon.ca/VIZIO-Wireless.../dp/B01G3STJTK) - does it have different rear speakers from the system you're talking about? Because mine are plenty loud and honestly it's a much less subtle "surround" profile than my other 5.1 system in the bedroom. Which isn't a bad thing (even though it can be jarring in some movies to really feel like stuff is happening right beside you) but it certainly isn't what I would call "quiet". Just the opposite.
It looks like the back speakers are the same speakers as the other Vizio 5.1 systems (38, 40 etc.) that I've seen.

The "quiet" issue in the back which Jayswin and I had is a settings issue, not a hardware issue. I don't know what it is, but you can be blowing your ear drums to oblivion from the front sound bar, but the back is still only perhaps as loud as if you were listening to sounds from an earbud blasting on max from a few feet away. And yet, that's not even the issue. The issue (at least this part for me) was that the sound was randomly fading in and out for sounds that should not be fading in and out. It was especially aggravating for the fading in and out during dialogue sections of movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Thank you so much to GoinAlltheWay for the settings texts, I'm going to try those tomorrow to tweak things to perfection.

But turns out this was the issue right here. Reset to default and they're actual surround sound now. They sounded exactly like you described and now sound excellent.
I am glad it all worked out for you and you're truly enjoying your system now. I have no damn clue why some of these Vizio systems have this issue straight out of the box. I was looking into it and no one has figured out how to replicate it. It just randomly happens from the factory or out of the blue after certain brown outs and power outages. The only fix is to reset to default because playing with the back settings doesn't do anything. Annoying, but livable and easily resolved.

This system is excellent value IMO, especially at what you guys are paying. I got mine for $280 back in the day and I thought I got a screaming deal. I still think I'd have a hell of a time upgrading this system for anything less than $500 and it's been 5 years plus I have the older version without the phone app.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote