View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #1360
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Because I have been, let's say... critical of the club's pricing, let me bring to everyone's attention a promising sign. I just got an email from the club, and they are selling 5 and 10 game packs for the fall season (9 + Whitecaps and 4 + Whitecaps). The 10 pack works out to about $53/game all in, and the 5 game pack is about $59/game all in, in sections 104 and 106 - the $89.90 seats.

This is getting a bit closer to a) what other teams charge for comparable tickets, and b) what the market is willing to pay based on the demand (or lack of demand) in other sections and at other price points.

While this does somewhat undercut the really hardcore fans who bought in for a whole season at the higher price, let's be honest, most were outside of the 3 "caviar" sections anyway. What is promising is that this seems to acknowledge that there is an attendance issue at the higher price points, and although their options are limited at this point, the club has responded by finding a very reasonable and fair price point for those type of seats.

It doesn't seem to extend to single game prices, and it looks like 105 is still going to be mainly filled with comps, groups, sponsors, Foothills tracksuits, etc. (I know that isn't official, but let's be honest, 15x Foothills kids in an entire row didn't pay $100 a seat, and I'm actually OK with that - fill those seats, buy some sausages, etc.).

So there - a positive post about the club's pricing, and a promising sign that maybe next year (or later this year) we might get the 5-6k fans at games that I think more accurately reflects what the team should be pulling in if people weren't scared off by $90 and $100 seats.
Looks like the club is including a jersey in that package as well. That should frustrate those who bought at full price. Doesn't necessarily frustrate me as my full season ticket, plus a customized jersey, plus the tickets to the 2 cup games were cheaper than that package.