View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #165
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
Thx - was able to confirm with Telus via Twitter this is the case and not in my area, with no ETA.
Just going through the continual struggles with Shaw and WiFi. GUess finally going to break down and get a new router or MESH system. The latter might be overkill for a ~1500 sq ft bungalow with open floor plan. (Any recommendations/experiences welcomed - have read through a bunch of other threads discussing the same, but haven't really determined best option for me just yet).
If you're using the Shaw modem/router for wifi, I would definitely recommend getting your own router. First, rule out any issues with your actual connection by hardwiring to the modem/router. If that works nicely but wifi is still garbage, then you won't regret getting a decent router by Asus or similar.

I have said it before, but I see Shaw/Telus as the internet provider and nothing more. You'll get better performance and more control by letting the ISP, whoever is is, just provide the internet and you take care of your own network.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post: