View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #555
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:
Default The Matthew Tkachuk contract negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN10 View Post
I'm not implying that he would go down to the locker room to consult and explain the deal that is getting done with Tkachuk. I was implying that due to the public nature of NHL salaries and the cap system, it does the team chemistry a disservice if Treliving doesn't at least attempt to keep the % of cap hit in line with some of the other important players on the team who took a discount off their market price in order to field a better overall team. Of course Treliving and Tkachuk are free to do what's best for themselves in this specific case, I was merely bringing up what I believed would be the starting point to the negotiations.
Yes. But I fundamentally disagree insofar as other players are concerned. No one on this team has taken a discount for the good of the team. Every player on the Flames roster has a good sense of what Tkachuk is worth and how much he will be paid. They understand how the League works, and I would be surprised if any one of them takes it personally when a teammate hammers out a good deal for himself.

The players know exactly how this works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 07-16-2019 at 04:47 PM.