View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 08:12 AM   #195
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Thanks for this. The guy is super complimentary to the Flames.

I was really interested and intrigued by his comments about Yan Kuznetsov at the 26 minute mark.

"I was very curious how he'd adapt to the surroundings, and this kid... it was almost instantaneous. This kid automatically established himself as one of the top young defencemen in all of college hockey. He was one of the few first year eligibles playing in the NCAA."

"When I watched him play, I mean my goodness, this kid was so fantastic. His puck management, his footwork, his escapability, this kid is what? 6'3" / 6'4", and he was able to stickhandle and deke his way away from forechecking pressure, head up into the middle of the ice, creating his own time and space for himself. Very deceptive skater, I mean he's big... but he's definitely not lumbering, and there were times when he looked even graceful. ... Very quick stick and soft hands."
He is the most underrated prospect in the CP prospects poll IMO. This second round pick has been passed by older, lesser talents and players with bigger holes in their game.

There is an argument to be made that he is the Flames 4th best prospect. He has the physical attributes of an NHL defenseman it would seem.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: