Thread: Mobility plans
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 03:09 AM   #24
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have been with Freedom Mobile (Wind) for years now and I couldn't be happier with everything. Certain things have changed for the worse ever since Shaw picked them up but other things like network quality have also improved a lot with Shaw's increased spending on network quality.

Their network is approx 85-90% of the quality of the Big 3 within their "Freedom" Network but generally speaking 30-50% cheaper than other comparable plans. Keep in mind that the savings are each and every month. Some people brush off the savings of $60 a month for a couple as nothing but its $3600 in 5 years, not chump change, more like a European vacation.

I am lucky in the sense I had a Shaw Friends and Family code (35% off plans) so I pay $32.50 for their grandfathered Everywhere 50 which includes.

Home Network
8GB full-speed data (6GB + 2GB bonus)
Unlimited talk to Canada and the U.S.
Unlimited text, picture and video messaging to Canada and the U.S.
Unlimited global text, picture and video messaging
World Saver: International calling from 1¢/min to over 200 countries

Away Network (in Canada and the U.S.)
1GB full-speed data
2400 minutes of talk to Canada and the U.S.
Unlimited global text

Additional Plan Features
Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
Voicemail+

The big savings with the above mentioned plan when it was offered was the roaming package in the US included. That is a savings every time you travel to the US. With a lot of the plans now with Freedom and even the other carriers, it's always the same "Roam like Home for $5, $7,$10 a day" etc
Multiple trips a year and the savings really add up in my opinion.

Like I said before, they have a fairly good network and it's always improving and the cost savings can be significant when all things are considered. This all being said, if my career or my job needed to have a vastly superior network quality because a missed call, email, or internet speed etc cost me a sale or a client, I would think differently perhaps. A missed call or a text from a friend once in a while isn't that important for some but the same for a client or a sale where thousands in commission might be at stake, I would think about it.

Just my $.02 on a long post
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to curves2000 For This Useful Post: