Thread: The Expanse
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #136
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I've now watched this show. It's mostly good, I can't call it great. I certainly wouldn't put it on part with the first two seasons of BSG, as I was led to believe... I'd actually be more inclined to compare it to Babylon 5, given the political tensions and machinations involved, especially in the first two seasons. But there are some rather silly and convenient things, even ignoring the usual "wow, our protagonists really do seem to wind up getting entangled in every major event in the solar system, don't they" issue. Acting is generally... not great. Elizabeth Mitchell is fine at playing the same character she usually does, and Shohreh Aghdashloo is good. Pretty much everyone else... not exactly bad, just sort of the usual syfy fare. Writing is fine, if a bit melodramatic at times.

I dunno, I guess I'm invested enough that I'll keep watching it as long as they keep making it. Where they left season 3 is pretty intriguing, lots of possibilities.
Sort of my thoughts as well. It's an entertaining enough show but the acting and writing really pulls you out at times.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote